Museum of Computing - Cambridge...and fabrics

We went to the museum of Computing history in Cambridge, not sure what I was expecting, but it was more like the museum of gaming with some computing chucked in - and some reading around the walls, it was nice to have a wander around - but definitely lots of room for improvement!  Could have done with some video shorts rather than reading - to see some of the things in action such as punched cards, mainframes and tapes, the old NCR machines and a lot more besides....maybe it is my age and the fact I remember some of these things.

Had all sorts of reading about program languages, Leo (Lyons computer), Steve Jobs and Bill Gates etc.and loads, and I mean loads, of gaming consoles through the ages!

It is about an hours drive from Ampthill and has a car park included.  We went during school holidays, which according to the website can be quieter as they have a lot of school trips in term time.  It was quite chilly inside, so make sure you have a jumper!

Afterwards we went into Cambridge, we didn't spend ages around there, we shopped for cheese, had a look around the book shop, and then just wandered around like tourists.

My purchases - all at £5 a metre
There are a couple of fabrics shops in Cambridge, one selling curtain/blind heavier weight fabrics, which I briefly visited,

I went to sew knit craft and I managed to get a few bargain metres in there, she has some fab fabrics in there, but nothing I needed, so just went for the bargains!





Comments