Fabric shopping in Bedfordshire

I decided to go on a mission and visit the local fabric shops back in January!  and I was pleased with all my purchases.  All the shops have a range of knitting yarns too (BSK only for knitting machines).

So I started at Tudor Rose at Oakley, all the cottons are generally around £12 and over I think, but have a great selection.  They do a range of dressmaking fabrics, and haberdashery too well worth a visit, along with a coffee shop selling cakes and light lunches.



Next was Dunstable my Sewing basket, never been before and they have a good selection of cottons, some dressmaking too.  There is also some choice under £10, here was a quick snap looking down the shop:


And I bought these 2 - I think £6.50 a metre:


My next visit was the All Stitches at Wilstead, this is my nearest place and I had no idea how many fabric she was now stocking, so will be back!  Here are is some of the shop:




I bought this selection, and made a few things with the tiny bird print at the back:



I then went to Biggleswade to Buttons, I didn't take any pictures of the shop, sorry.   But bought this selection.  She has quite a few cottons at £6.50 and £7.50, along with dressmaking fabrics and jersey.


Finally I took a trip out to BSK in Bedford and went out to lunch in Bromham at the Swan.  Here is a quick snap of fabrics in the shop:


I bought this tiny print - as will complement many other fabrics: 


So I hope you have enjoyed my little tour of Bedfordshire,

Comments