RSPB Sandy


The Lodge Sandy

This has been on our to do list for a long time, and I must admit I was a bit disappointed/underwhelmed, I am not sure what I was expecting, but the walk around was probably no different to a walk around Coopers Hill in Ampthill, and similar terrain.  They did have an expert on hand that will tell you what to spot, and for children there was some activities.






There is a shop with all sorts of RSPB items, including binoculars.  A range of sandwiches and drinks in a fridge, along with a coffee machine.  We had taken a picnic so didn't sample

The actual lodge is a lovely building along with the gardens, but everything was definitely lacking investment on this part, it was a reasonable step from the main car park if lugging a picnic.

Clearly if you are into birds then this a must visit, and for younger children that like nature trails.

Entry is free but unless you are a member it is £5 to park, and there was no pay by card, so you need to make sure that you take £5 in coins, lucky we had a lot with us, and I was able to supply someone else with change too.

I can't see me returning.







Comments